Sunday, July 25, 2010

Critter Cam Catches Another Critter

I have been trying to get critter cam pix of something other than squirrels on my deck. The squirrels jump from the tree to the deck and then climb up to the roof. I have quite a few squirrel shots made with a DSLR and a few with the critter cam of squirrels doing this routine.
I also have found several times a deposit on the deck made by something larger than a squirrel. The deposit was scat (Excrement, especially of an animal; dung.).
I thought it might be an opossum or raccoon as there are many living in town these days. Early this morning, I finally got my answer, at least a partial answer. I didn't get a pix of the critter making a deposit, but maybe someday. Circumstantial evidence at this time points or pictures a raccoon as the scatee.












The raccoon is back about 43 minutes later, but the critter cam got only one shot as it appears to start the climb to the roof top.


2 comments: