Sunday, September 12, 2010

I'll Have a Cookie - Add Some Bacon Please!

Yesterday a friend and I went to a Lenny's Sub Shop in our area. This was our first time to eat there. We ordered a couple of sandwich combos. While waiting we read a menu and found what we thought was an interesting item in the "Other Stuff" area.

There has been quite a bacon craze in recent times. I have read on the net stories about a "Bacon Explosion", a BBQ pork dish wrapped with bacon that also includes a filling of spiced sausage and crumbled bacon. Recently in our area there was a "Bacon Eating Contest". And doing a search on the net, I found a story that said Tina Fey's daughter wants to be a "Bacon Eating Robot" for Halloween. I am not even going to mention Kevin Bacon....OOPS, I just did.


Take a look at what you can get on your "Fresh Baked Cookie" at Lenny's. It might be good!




We asked a worker at Lenny's about the "Add Bacon" item and he seemed to see the humor, but added he would tell the boss and maybe the boss would consider putting the "add bacon" line somewhere else on the menu.
Oh, by the way the sandwiches were quite good...without bacon...

No comments:

Post a Comment